It’s the 20th-ish day of 2015. So how was my two-oh-fourteen? Here’s a recap. Better late than never they say!
- Nothing much in January. IY started his 6yo and final year kindy.
- I was busy with prepping my brother’s house to be rented. Repair works and all the jazz was kind of fun. Tiring, but rewarding. It’s my first time being involved in this landlord-tenant business. Making sure the house is in a good condition and ada value for tenant. Interesting business. I might want to venture doing this property thingy when I retire early nanti.
- IY started his art class and taekwando lessons. But in 2015, he suddenly started losing interest in the art class and I didn’t want to force him. Rugi duit bayar class yang dia malas nak pergi. And if paksa dia pergi, dia tak happy. What’s the point? So 2015 will only be his football training at The Goal Academy. Swimming masih dalam perancangan nak stop jugak sebab kat sekolah dah ada lessons jugak. Planning to enrol Z for the football training once he turn 4 nanti.
- Sold our first property and boy that was such a relief. We managed to use the fund to pay off the car loan, other debts and fixing our current home. And some investments sikit. Alhamdulillah, rezeki.
- MH370 happened. Need I say more? I don’t think so.
- Gee had his thyroidectomy. Removing his thyroid gland. He’s hyperthyroid-free now!
- IY turned 6.
- Z turned 3
- We had the robot party for the boys. A full blast birthday party was held. Fuhh nasib baik la tak buat selalu. Penat gilers. I remember that I never wrote an entry about the party kan? Oh well, dah terlambat, cerita basi dah. Kekeke! But this year we are not planning any party for sure. Layan dengan birthday trips pulak.
- We turned 9. Happy anniversary!
- My little brother went to Perth for his degree. Sorang lagi adik yang jauh di mata.
- Hari Raya road trip up north. Same ‘ol same ‘ol.
- MH17 happened. Let’s not go there. I just can’t.
- I turn 34. Tua dah.
- We finally installed fake grass to our tiny garden. I have always wanted to have a clean neat garden tapi ibu jari ini tak berapa nak hijau. Hehe! Sedih nye tanam apa pun mati je. Chronic sungguh. Last-last we decided to just put a fake carpet grass and see how we manage. Kalau tak jadi jugak, tak tau la nak cakap apa. Well, so far it’s been 5 months and we are okay. Haha! Ada la jugak case kucing berak sekali dua tapi small matter lah. Check out www.inspiregrass.com.my in case you are wondering.
- IY’s first video clip was aired for the first time during the World Summit on Media for Children. He went to shoot the video masa bulan puasa in July. I forgot to blog about this. Well, last year memang mojo blogging agak kurang. For the summit, there was an official video clip and IY was selected to play a part dalam tu. The song was by Helen Yap and sang by Atilia. The video is on Youtube. Here’s the link if nak tengok. Z was selected too tapi he was too shy and didn’t want to cooperate. Halahh adik oi!
- Our JB-Singapore trip.
- Our Kuantan trip. Went to Kuala Gandah to the elephant sanctuary. The boys had fun feeding the elephants.
- Gee turned 35. Pun sudah tua.
- Z was circumsized on 3 November 2014. He was 3y 5m. I haven’t blogged about it. But basically he had an infection on his birdie. Same classic case like IY in 2012. Luckily we were more prepared this time sebab dah ada experience dengan si abang dulu. It took Z 10 days to heal compared to abang’s longer recovery period. Z had the exactly same method like IY. Under full GA and laser (clean) cut. This time Dr Razak put a polystyrene cup in Z’s brief to prevent from the wound to touch any surface. Sebab tu cepat heal.
- Z is fully potty trained! Yay! Sejak dia bersunat we went all the way to fully get him diaper-free. When he started school in January 2015, we stopped buying the pull ups and nekad to diaper-free malam pulak. Agak zombie la maknye ni checking him tengah-tengah malam buta and angkat dia ke toilet. Sian dia kena paksa kencing sambil mata tertutup. Haha!
- My girlfriends and I planned a few playdates activities for our kids sempena cuti sekolah. We went to the Farm In The City, Jumpstreet Trampoline Indoor Park, baking class at Wondermilk and ended with the kids culinary class at Kidz & Creme (Aaron Aziz’s cafe). No, mommies did not get to see AA. Haha! But the kids had fun with the activities. Si abang kakak dekat class, si adik-adik buat hal sendiri main together. Mommies pulak catch up bersembang dan makan of course!
I guess that wraps up my 2014.
Hoping for a good 2015 ahead.